Our picks for best baby monitors of 2019, why they’re great, what you need to know. Plus 3 popular but not-so-good monitors.
[Scroll down for contest details and rules! Additional giveaways added … next drawing in early November 2019!]
Here’s what we cover in this video:
To arrive at our picks for top baby monitors of 2019, we’ve done in-depth testing of dozens of baby monitors including both wifi baby monitors and traditional monitors.
We test monitors across a number of attributes, including picture quality, sound quality, ease of use, and standout features.
We’ll show you our top 3 picks, why all 3 of our top picks are wifi baby monitors (meaning they connect via wifi and use a phone app as the parent unit), and the 3 features shared by all 3 of our top 3 baby monitors of 2019.
Next, we discuss three popular but not particularly good baby monitors (one of which, the Nest Cam, isn’t even a baby monitor, even though a lot of people wish it was!). We’ll explain the flaws in each of these you need to watch out for.
Finally, we’ll discuss our giveaways of our winner for the best baby monitor of 2019!
**For in-depth baby monitor reviews, more on our top picks, explanations of the most important features in a baby monitor, and things you should consider when buying a wifi baby monitor, head to https://fathercraft.com/monitors **
Shop our top 3:
Nanit Plus on Nanit’s website: http://bit.ly/2IfNA4Q
Owlet Smart Sock 2 on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2If1uEt
Owlet Cam on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2YW510f
Cocoon Cam on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TZkyZC
To enter the contest:
1. Question about baby monitors? Ask it in the comments below. We’ll answer, you’ll get an entry
2. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, you’ll get two entries
3. Subscribe to our email list for parents of babies and young kids, you’ll get 3 entries
Note: you’ll head over to https://fathercraft.com/tube/ to complete your entry!
Full Contest Rules
1. All entries must comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines: https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/policies/#community-guidelines – entries that don’t comply will be disqualified
2. This contest is run by Fathercraft and is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with YouTube. By entering the contest, you are releasing YouTube from any liability related to this contest
3. Fathercraft’s 2019 Nanit Plus giveaway is open to residents of the United States 18 years of age or older.
4. To enter, participants must fill out the above form, be a member of Fathercraft’s email list as of January 31st, 2019, or comment on Fathercraft’s Best Baby Monitors of 2019 YouTube video.
5. This contest will run from February 2019 through June 2019.
6. Two winners will be selected – one by the end of March 2019, one by the end of June 2019.
7. Winners will be chosen by uploading all contestants into a secure Google Sheet, along with information on how many entries they received to account for weighting. Winner will be randomly chosen using Google Sheet’s RAND() function
8. Winners will be announced via email from Fathercraft, identifying only the winner’s first name & last initial & city name
9. Winners will be notified by email entered into the above form, an email given to Fathercraft, or via YouTube message if the winner is randomly chosen to be from a YouTube comment.
10. Winners will have 7 days to respond confirming they would like to receive their Nanit Plus. 11. In the event a winner does not respond, another winner will be chosen.
12. Upon consent, winner’s name and physical address will be requested and shared with Nanit for the fulfillment of the prize.
13. Nanit is sponsoring the baby monitors given away in this contest. This sponsorship did not affect our choice for best baby monitor of 2019—extensive testing did— https://fathercraft.com/nanit
14. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.