Professor Roger Seheult, MD discusses the AstraZeneca and Oxford DNA COVID-19 Vaccine: How it works, and what we know about the safety, efficacy, and side effects at this time.
Dr. Seheult illustrates the differences and similarities between the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine candidate and those from Moderna and Pfizer / BioNTech.
The complete data from each of these SARS CoV 2 vaccine trials have not been released nor peer-reviewed at this time, and none of the COVID 19 vaccines have received FDA authorization to date.
Dr. Sheult explains some of the potential advantages of the AstraZeneca Oxford vaccine candidate including a lower cost and that it only requires regular refrigeration. (This video was recorded on November 24, 2020).
Roger Seheult, MD is the co-founder and lead professor at https://www.medcram.com
He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine and an Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine.
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
AstraZeneca press release | https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2020/azd1222hlr.html
AstraZeneca-Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Up to 90% Effective in Late-Stage Trials (Wall Street Journal) | https://www.wsj.com/articles/astrazeneca-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-up-to-90-effective-in-late-stage-trials-11606116047
Why the AstraZeneca-Oxford Covid-19 vaccine is different (Vox) | https://www.vox.com/21590994/oxford-vaccine-results-covid-19-astrazeneca-trial-pfizer-moderna
Why the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine is a cause for optimism — and skepticism (Vox) | https://www.vox.com/21556380/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-coronavirus-vaccine-optimism-skepticism
AstraZeneca Registered Trial in US | https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746
Pfizer claims its Covid-19 vaccine is 90 percent effective so far. Here’s what we actually know. (Vox) | https://www.vox.com/21556359/pfizer-vaccine-covid-19-biontech-trial-results-coronavirus
These Covid-19 vaccine candidates could change the way we make vaccines — if they work (Vox) | https://www.vox.com/2020/8/13/21359025/coronavirus-vaccine-covid-19-moderna-oxford-mrna-adenovirus
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
RECENT PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Update 117: Moderna vs. Pfizer COVID 19 Vaccine (mRNA vaccines) https://youtu.be/eZvsqBCvB00
– Coronavirus Update 116: Pfizer COVID 19 Vaccine Explained (Biontech) https://youtu.be/_jwBxZMWrng
– Coronavirus Update 115: Convalescent Plasma vs Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID 19 Treatment https://youtu.be/Ge8T4fzrWnU
– Coronavirus Update 114: COVID 19 Death Rate Drops; NAC (N acetylcysteine) Data https://youtu.be/eQO1PB8-xtg
– Coronavirus Update 113: Remdesivir May Not Work for COVID 19 https://youtu.be/mUdQpFyF2G8
– Coronavirus Update 112: Linoleic Acid; Vaccines; UK COVID 19 Data https://youtu.be/VB06uVA97zI
– Coronavirus Update 111: Masks; New Vitamin D Data and COVID 19; NAC https://youtu.be/UzGKqujdTQ8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 110: Trump’s Risk Factors and COVID-19 Prognosis; Interferon https://youtu.be/Rko2xGmPn04
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 109: New Data From Europe As COVID 19 Infections Rise https://youtu.be/rCH36Cckebg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 108: High Risk COVID 19 Behaviors; Cases Rise in Europe https://youtu.be/2wJdB5tTKeg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 107: Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID 19 Treatment and Prevention? https://youtu.be/wvaLyxp8jhM
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including monoclonal antibody treatment vs convalescent plasma treatment, COVID vaccine, mRNA vaccine, COVID 19 prevention, Pfizer vaccine and Moderna vaccines, Biontech, AstraZeneca Oxford coronavirus vaccine, COVID 19 treatments, COVID-19 vaccine updates, and more).
We offer over 60 medical topics (ECG Interpretation, DKA, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) on our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested.
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.